Healthy Blood circulation is very important for maintaining a good health. Without proper blood circulation or poor blood circulation can lead to many fatal diseases. Therefore, it is important to improve the blood circulation. Along with exercise & physical activities, healthy foods play vital role to increase the blood flow. There are certain foods which can improve blood circulation and considered as best foods that improve blood circulation. Letâ€™s find out what they are...
Blood circulation or blood flow plays very crucial role in maintaining good health. Poor blood circulation in the body leads to many health problems and diseases. Blood circulation is a process associated with continual blood flow from the heart to all the parts in the body. In this process blood flows through all the vessels in the body and returns to the heart to start the procedure again. Blood circulation is extremely important for carrying oxygen and nutrients throughout the body and in the different parts of the body. Blood circulation is also responsible for moving out gas & toxins from the body and maintaining body temperature and pH level. A good blood circulation is highly important for the supply of oxygen from the lungs, distribution of nutrients and hormones. Poor blood circulation is responsible for many diseases and health disorders including heart problems, hypertension, kidney problems, gastrointestinal problems, diabetes, memory loss and shortness of breath.
There are many ways to improve blood circulation and maintain a healthy circulatory health. Healthy weight and lifestyle, regular exercise and certain foods can improve blood circulation or blood flow significantly. Some of the important nutrients for good blood circulation are B Vitamins (Esp. B1, B3 and B6), Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids.
Given below is a list of food & drink that can increase blood circulation or improve blood circulation naturally.
Foods that Improve Blood Circulation:
• Vegetables: Vegetables are very important for increasing blood flow. Vegetables that contain Vitamin B Vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and lycopene are necessary for a good blood flow. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, swiss chard, parsley and lycopene rich tomatoes & beet roots are wonderful for improving healthy blood flow. Other vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, goji berries, onions and Brussels sprouts must be included in the diet to improve good blood flow.
• Fruits: Vitamin C rich fruits are wonderful for promoting good blood circulation. Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapefruits, berries such as blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, and other fruits such as papaya and lycopene rich watermelon are excellent for improving the blood circulation.
• Nuts: Nut & seeds are very useful to increase the blood flow. These are rich with the important vitamins and minerals which are essential for healthy blood circulation. Nuts such as almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews and walnuts and seeds such as pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds are particularly very helpful for improving blood circulation.
• Herbs: Herbs are a vital part of natural medicine for overall health and they play crucial role in improving healthy blood circulation as well. Herbs are used in many traditional medicines to improve blood circulation and prevent diseases related to poor blood circulation. Some of the herbs which are considered best for improving blood circulation are ginkgo biloba, billberry, willow bark, turmeric, garlic and ginger. These herbs help in healthy blood circulation and prevent unwanted blood clots.
• Drinks: Drinking lots of water certainly improves blood circulation. Green tea, rosemary tea and ginger tea are excellent herbal drinks for improving blood circulation.
Natural foods are wonderful for maintaining healthy blood circulation and preventing fatal diseases. Above mentioned foods are considered as best foods for improving blood circulation. Those foods are not only great for increasing blood circulation but also important for reducing the chances of developing dangerous diseases including heart disease. Add those foods to your diet to improve blood circulation and keep yourself healthy.